[Lazarus] Example of full screen console program anywhere?

Thu Apr 28 15:45:10 CEST 2016

On 2016-04-28 14:23, Bo Berglund wrote:
> What I do not want is a program that scrolls up on the screen as keys
> are entered etc. I want the screen to stay put and only the status
> fields change when I do the commands.

Free Vision can do just that for you. Obviously you can search the
Internet for DOS type menu interfaces [loads of such examples are still
around], but that would require low level console codes and
interpretation. Free Vision does it already for you - and the end-result
should look much prettier. I suggest you grab a copy of a Turbo Pascal
manual (they are freely available on the Internet now - Borland released
them) or search for some Turbo Vision example programs/code. Or even
look at the FPC Text IDE as a working example (but that's a rather
complex example to study).

I did a quick search, here is a simple Turbo Vision tutorial. It will
apply exactly as is to Free Vision as well.

http://www.baskent.edu.tr/~tkaracay/etudio/ders/prg/pascal/PasHTM3/pas/pasl3007.html

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/