[Lazarus] Compliments

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 15:28:19 CEST 2016

On Sat, 06 Aug 2016 08:39:18 +0000, Alfred <alfred at consulab.nl> wrote:

>It is so nice to be able to develop and debug on Windows, followed by an
>easy cross-compile towards ARM V6/V7 and aarch64.

I would be interested in knowing how this is done.
I use FPC/Lazarus on an RPi3 as development platform via TightVNC to
be able to do it on my Win7 PC. It has flaws in the editor keyboard
area so I have installed FPC/Lazarus also on the Win7 machine to write
the code, but for testing I have copied over the sources to RPi and
built it there. Tedious...

In other cases where I use only generic non-Pi stuff like Indy and
such I have moved the entire project to Windows and can both build and
execute the programs there, then copy sources over to the RPi and
build there, doable but maybe overkill if the build could be done on
Windows.

So can I use RPi specific stuff in my programs (like GPIO access) and
still develop on Windows, compile the binary and just transfer that to
the RPi to run it there?

It would be marvellous if it could be done.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden