[Lazarus] Testing needed for bugfix

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:18:05 CEST 2016

On 8/8/16, Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:

> Re-testing with most recent Lazarus build today.
> QT and GTK2 differ slightly.
> If a .txt file is selected they behave identically.
> In both widgetsets the opendialog closes using either the Open or Cancel
> button, and with Open UserChoice is 1, and with Cancel UserChoice is 2.

Note: the debugln in DoCanClose should write mrOK or mrCancel.

> In QT if a non .txt file is selected both the Open (UserChoice=1) and
> Cancel (UserChoice=2) buttons close the dialog. However, when the main
> test app is closed it then exits giving a SIGSEGV at AAE60 on my system
> (Mint 64-bit).
That sucks, this is like Win32 did.

> With GTK2, if a non .txt file is selected the dialog does not close
> either with the Open or Cancel button or the close bordericon, but
> OnCanClose fires and UserChoice has the values 1 (Open) or 2 (Cancel).
> A lock file appears named .lock.sysNameOfSelectedFile#.
> The only way to get the dialog to close is to select a .txt file. The
> main test app then closes without any error.

This suggest that not closing the dialog does not depend on the value
that DoCanClose retruns (it should set CanClose to TRUE if UserChoice
<> mrOK, see TFileDialog.DoCanClose).

I just found out that similar issues exist for TColorDialog in win32.
Also TCommonDialog should not implement OnClose event, it is
incompatible with Delphi, where this event is introduced in
TOpenDialog.

Again, thanks for testing.

Bart

PS Your mail keeps up ending in my Spam folder (I'm using GMail for this list).