[Lazarus] VirtualTreeView 5.5 and binary size

Mon Aug 22 10:14:02 CEST 2016

On 2016-08-14 10:32, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Is that as expected?

I’m not using VirtualTreeview myself, but as someone that works on
multiple large frameworks, I could make a personal observation. A jump
from v4.8 to v5.5 seems like a major jump (a major version change, and
multiple minor version increases), and if lots of new functionality was
added (and no major refactoring was done) it seems logical that the
binary size increases. More code equals larger binaries. If the
functionality added is worth the 1.2MB binary increase? That’s for you
to decide. If you are happy with the workings of v4.8 and require a
smaller binary size, then simply stay with v4.8.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/