[Lazarus] Can't find unit varutils used by variants

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 04:18:04 CET 2016

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 5:17 PM, silvioprog via Lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> > Indeed. It seems FPC is looking for a Windows unit however on Linux.
> When I
> > try to compile any project, it raises that exception and open the file
> > "~/freepascal/packages/rtl-objpas/src/win/varutils.pp" in the IDE.
>
> Did r53711 from yesterday affect it?

Oops, sorry, my fault. The problem was fixed: after save the default
project1 it finally compiles properly. It seems Lazarus can't compile the
default project1 when it is not saved yet.

Now, after reinstalling Lazarus from scratch, I got the following error at
its startup:

"The package "DateTimeCtrlsDsgn" is installed, but no valid package file
(.lpk) was found.
A broken dummy package was created."

However I'm going to fix it by uninstalling the `DateTimeCtrlsDsgn`
package. :-)

--
Silvio Clécio