[Lazarus] Keys not recognized by Lazarus 1.6 code editor

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:10:15 CET 2016

I have discovered a strange problem with my Lazarus 1.6 release
installation on RPi2 (Raspbian Jessie) concerning keyboard entries.

When I connect via VNC from my Windows7 PC I can not enter the
characters < or + via the keyboard keys into the Lazarus code editor.
But it is working just fine if I type these characters into a property
of the form like Caption. Or any other tested place in Lazarus
accepting text input.

If I open the Raspbian default text editor there are no problems
entering these characters.

If I connect my monitor and keyboard directly to the RPi (a bit
awkward) then these characters can be entered into the code editor
too.

So what is Lazarus doing inside the code editor that makes it "eat"
some keyboard entries?

Note as I stated above that in all other parts of Lazarus where text
can be typed it records and shows the correct key entries...

On my keyboard the < key is the second key from left in the second row
from the bottom and the + key is the key following 0 on the top
numeric key row (not counting the F-key row).

If I type the + on the numeric keypad it registers correctly.

Is there some key filter in the IDE settings I have inadvertently set
wrong? It must be connected to the Lazarus code editor since
everywhere else keys enter properly.

Also:
Ctrl-C (Copy) does not work in the code editor either. But it works as
expected in Lazarus property editors and other places where text can
be put into the clipboard....
Things I copy in Windows7 *can* be pasted in the code editor though.
So this is a one-directional problem.
And in other applications like the text editor copy/paste works
perfectly good.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden