[Lazarus] A good DB tree view

Aradeonas aradeonas at operamail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:04:41 CET 2016

Hi,

For my project I need a good tree view and the best free one was and is
VirtualTree but it has not DB component and the only version I can found
that could compile with Lazarus is this TVirtualDBTreeEx version[1]. It
need a simple change and it will compile but it has a uncompleted demo
that I cant compile and I dont have clue how it works and some test
shows weird behavior so I want to ask : What is the best choice to have
a good DB tree view? is there any component available or should I write
code for every DB situation in my projects? Also a good ability of
VirtualTree is that t can be used as a grid and the best grid I know is
KGrid but it aslo have a not beautiful/weird DB behave and ic compare of
VirtualTree abilities and speed will seems not a good choice.

So all questions in one : Is there any good DB TreeView/Grid in
Lazarus world?

Regards, Ara

Links:

  1. https://github.com/adem0x/virtualdbtreeex