[Lazarus] Free Pascal and Lazarus learning center

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:03:53 CET 2016

Am 01.02.2016 16:18 schrieb "Anthony Walter" <sysrpl at gmail.com>:

> Sven,
>
> What's the current road map look like for closures? Is it even on the
radar? If so, and if no major work has been done on it yet, an improved
syntax would go a long way in usability.

Someone is working on them and a prototype exists (look in fpc-devel's
archive for December). Now the code only needs to be cleaned up.

In my head I already play around with a shorter/nicer syntax at least for
expressions (thus lambda expressions ;) ), but most ideas rely on type
inference which I'm very reluctant to add, because that's something that's
not part of the sprit of Pascal.

Regards,
Sven