[Lazarus] Panel Top Negative Limitation

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Feb 5 12:20:40 CET 2016

Il 04/02/2016 18:51, info at voiceliveeditor.com ha scritto:
> Hi
> I have a problem using a panel, that is large say 70000.
> If I try to bring areas of this into the view area by using
> panel.top:=-avalue, this works fine until you hit –32769; at which
> point the panel vanishes.
> How can this be corrected; or is there a workaround?

What I'd do in your place would be to use a TBitmap of the required size
and populate it with whatever image you need. You're just working in
memory, no visual components implied, you shouldn't have any constraint
in its size. Then you may copy to the canvas of the visual object just
the portion you want to show.
It should work quite smoothly.

Giuliano