[Lazarus] Question about modal forms behaviour under windows

Mon Feb 8 10:26:52 CET 2016

On 2016-02-08 08:02, zeljko wrote:
> X11: Minimizing modal form minimizes complete application. (qt, gtk2)

Well, under X11 it is hard to find an application with a modal dialog to
start with. Modal dialogs are considered very bad design (read the book
"About Face 4th edition"). With every application I tested, there simply
wasn't a minimize button to click, only a "X" (close) button.

Under Windows, modal dialogs are much more common (about the only
platform where that is true). In all cases, the modal dialog (like X11)
doesn't have a minimize or maximize button, only a "x" (close) button.

In both platforms I tested with applications not written in LCL. eg: The
Gimp, Pluma editor, Adobe Reader, Total Commander, EditPad Pro etc.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/