[Lazarus] Problem with Sparta docked form designer

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 22:08:12 CET 2016

> I was looking at the code. There might not be an easy solution but the
> docked designer really needs to support this feature. Can you point out
> where in the package you are picking the class for and then creating the
> docked design control?

Sparta changes are deep. All is started at FormEditingIntf.pas in IdeIntf
package (DesignerBaseClassId_TForm const is interesting for us. You can try
to search DesignerBaseClassId_TForm in whole ide src). Maybe somehow in
module ide/SourceFileManager.pas this kind of form (reported in issue
#29615) is wrongly handled (just a guess). Strange bug, even non LCL forms
demo works correctly with Sparta (see examples\designnonlcl).

In your case bug fix can be trivial or very complicated. Sooner or later I
will fix it. Anyway you can try on own hand :). For now I need to focus on
custom Sparta MDI solution and on deep refactoring.

--
Best regards,
Maciej Izak