[Lazarus] non Unicodode application

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:42:53 CET 2016

I suppose a more clear question would be...

is it possible for now and the foreseeable future to have FPC (3.0+, not
just 2.x) make the "string" type (not rawbytestring or anything else)
behave as it was behaving always since the beginning of time without any
source code changes but (say) via some compiler argument?

I suppose it is worth to have something like this avoid breaking code that
exists out there (some might consider it as already broken, but for many if
it works - especially if it worked for years - it isn't broken and IMO that
is a valid stance to take).