[Lazarus] non Unicodode application

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Feb 12 15:18:57 CET 2016

On 02/12/2016 02:57 PM, Juha Manninen wrote:
> And yes, often the same arguments were repeated by the same person who
> started this thread.

At the time I did those researches and discussions, my colleagues here
were interested in porting their Delphi application to Linux using
Lazarus and I tried to help. They finally decided do delay the task, and
now, as we have Windows 10 IOT, they supposedly are not interested any
more at all, as Delphi applications (services without a GUI)  do run on
Win 10 IOT

Now a friend of mine is faced by a similar task. But here he wants to
keep a (small) GUI and he does not want to go for Linux but for 64 Bit.

But the challenge is rather similar, and again there *might* be hope to
convert a professional application and programmer team from Delphi to
Lazarus.

-Michael