[Lazarus] 5dpo components last update

Paulo Costa paco.mail.telepac.pt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:16:56 CET 2016

On 12-Feb-16 16:04, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Can you also send me the complete configuration you used ?

The setup:

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B
Raspbian Jessie (Debian version 8.0)
Lazarus 1.2.4+dfsg2-1 (It is the version available on their repository.
Call me lazy :)
fpc 2.6.4+dfsg-4+rpi1 (Again, it is the version available on their
repository.)

I have update the repository to include the Raspberry Pi example.

> I would like to write an article for Blaise Pascal magazine, the editor
> will
> be very pleased to hear this, he has been asking for it since a long
> time :)

Nice :)

>> The supplied example does not work out of the box because the gtk
>> based form viewer component isn't working with the raspberry pi. I had
>> to replace it with a bgrabitmap based one. That adds one more
>> dependency. Do you have any suggestion for a fpc "native" alternative?
>
> You mean an image component ? What is missing in the ones in fpImage ?

When I was investigating fpImage, in the wiki
(ttp://wiki.freepascal.org/fcl-image) came across with this:
"fcl-image is written for maximal portability and maintainability and is
quite slow. The main storage type is 16-bit RGBA, storing always 64-bit
per pixel, and a function is called to get each pixel."

That does not seem good for showing a 640x480 image 30 times per second.
If the problem was only showing the image, the native overlay
capabilities could take of that, but usually we want to show also the
processed image.
For the bgrabitmap I need only to do a direct copy of the acquired
buffer to its internal storage.

Regards,

Paulo Costa