[Lazarus] Simple MSSQL database connection fails from Lazarus 1.6/FPC 3.0.0...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:58:16 CET 2016

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 15:08:09 +0100 (CET), Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>This is the FreeTDS library, an open source library that is needed to
>connect to SQL Server. FPC's SQLDB TMSSQLConnection implementation uses
>this library.
>
>You simply need to install it on your system (if it is available).
>Install also the -dev version of the package.

Fonnd their homepage here:
http://www.freetds.org/

It did not really give much installation advice so I googled
"installing freetds in Raspbian Jessie" instead and found some hints
that lead to:
sudo apt-get install freetds-dev
This command succeeeds on my system.
But this does not:
sudo apt-get install freetds

Since the -dev was an "also" package, how can I get the basic freetds
package? Or maybe it is not really needed?

My test program shown above now runs to a green panel!
Time to expand it to see if it is actually working...
Will try to run a query and see the result. :)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden