[Lazarus] Clean and build as sudo?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 24 10:27:50 CET 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:00:28 +0000
Pedro Albuquerque <palbuquerque73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> first post here, no coding for the last 25 years, first time with
> Lazarus. Forgive me any inconvenience, please.
>
> While building an application, I got this error:
>
> mainwindow.pas(27,22) Error: Cannot find FileUtil used by MainWindow,
> incompatible
> ppu=/usr/share/lazarus/1.4.4/components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux/fileutil.ppu, package LazUtils

Probably your installed compiler (Free Pascal) and the Lazarus binaries
do not match.
How did you install Lazarus?

> Should I run Lazarus as sudo? What are the risks?

Running and testing self written programs is risky, doing it as root
can do havoc to your system.

> Lazarus v.1.4.4
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

We provide newer Ubuntu packages (DEB) for FPC and Lazarus:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/?source=navbar

Mattias