[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 1.6

Kamen Ketev kamenlist at abv.bg
Wed Feb 24 13:51:14 CET 2016

Many thanks,
Mattias!
Regards,
Kamen

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:46:05 +0200 (EET)

Kamen Ketev  kamenlist at abv.bg > wrote:

> In which modul are

>  WinCPToUTF8 or CP1251ToUTF8? (   Error: Identifier not found "WinCPToUTF8")

WinCPToUTF8 from unit LazUTF8 or CP1251ToUTF8 from unit LConvEncoding

> I want to make my application both on Windows and Linux.

The encoding of text files depends on what program you used to create

it. Windows applications usually create either system code page or

UTF-8, sometimes UTF-16 LE. Linux apps mostly UTF-8.

Maybe the function GuessEncoding from LConvEncoding can help.

> In Linux can I use the same functions or have any other?

> Is SysToUtf8 works on Linux? If I use encoding UTF-8 for the fail it works.

You can use WinCPToUTF8 under Linux too. It simply keeps the UTF-8

there.

Mattias

 Lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org