[Lazarus] Keys not recognized by Lazarus 1.6 code editor

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 16:33:39 CET 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:00:42 +0000, Martin Frb <lazarus at mfriebe.de>
wrote:

>On 24/02/2016 13:10, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I have discovered a strange problem with my Lazarus 1.6 release
>> installation on RPi2 (Raspbian Jessie) concerning keyboard entries.
>>
>> When I connect via VNC from my Windows7 PC I can not enter the
>> characters < or + via the keyboard keys into the Lazarus code editor.
>>
>http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17820
>
>I dont know if the issue is in the LCL, or in VNC.
>Apparently the data received from VNC does only occur with VNC. Other
>app may not have the issue, may simply mean that they do not check this
>particular part of the data, independent of its correctness

Too bad then....
I looked at the VNC client settings but there is nothing about the
keyboard. Obviously I could wire the Pi up to my monitor and hook up a
different keyboard and mouse for it and work that way. But it is
inconvenient since I then lose all of the normal activity on my Win7
desktop plus the ability to copy/paste between the windows.

And I don't have the multiple display setup that Graeme and Mark is
currently discussing on the fpc-other mail lits....

Maybe skipping VNC in favour of X could be a solution? But I tried
that when starting with the RPi2 dev system back in October and could
never even understand how it worked let alone find suitable software
for my Wind7 X64 laptop to work as an X server....
Or understand how the Raspbian desktop would land on the Win7 X
screen. :(

I will go to the RPi forum and ask people there about setting up X for
this purpose.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden