[Lazarus] Keys not recognized by Lazarus 1.6 code editor

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 18:44:58 CET 2016

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-02-24 15:33, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Or understand how the Raspbian desktop would land on the Win7 X
>> screen. :(
>
> As far as I know you do get a X Server implementation for Windows too.
> You would simply start that up, use Putty to SSH (with X11 port
> forwarding enabled) to the RPi, and run the Lazarus executable on the
> RPi. The Lazarus IDE should then appear on your Windows desktop.
> Obviously things like "File - Open..." will display the content on the
> RPi and not your Windows system - but that is normally desired anyway. ;-)

I'm not sure that Putty includes an X server, but it will interwork with
  (not sure if this name is 100% accurate) XMingw32. That's one reason
why I suggested starting off with an X11 (Linux etc.) desktop system as
a client.

As an additional point but not directly relevant to SSH tunneling, I
don't know whether the display manager (Bo, if you don't grok that see
Wp) supplied as default with Raspbian allows remote logins. I've started
using pukka Debian on an RPi2 with KDE hence KDM etc., which turns out
to be better than Raspbian on several fronts.

> At least the above is how it works between my X11 based systems.

Discussion of the remote access side of things might be better continued
in either fpc-other or lazarus-other. One of the list managers warned us
some while ago that this was off-topic.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk