[Lazarus] Keys not recognized by Lazarus 1.6 code editor

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:44:02 CET 2016

>> The displayed RPi desktop
>
>Stop right there. What you're describing there is doing a remote X11
>
>What you should be doing is making sure that your SSH client (Putty or
>whatever) is set up to tunnel X11 sessions, and that the SSH server on
>the RPi is set up to make them available (it is on most distreaux).
>
>Then SSH into the RPi to get a shell, and run your Lazarus binary. At
>that point the X11 messages originated by Lazarus are tunneled over the
>SSH session, and the Lazarus windows/forms /should/ (if Putty+XMing
>really does behave like SSH etc. does on unix) appear as separate
>windows on your client system. What's more, /if/ things are working
>properly, then cut-and-paste should work.

I entered the startlazarus command I have set up for Lazarus 1.6
release into the putty console after logging in and following starting
XMing on windows.
Amazingly I got the lazarus separate panels painted on top of my Win7
desktop but it was not possible to copy/paste or anything and the
windows were sluggish at best and could not be moved.
Better closing this discussion before we get purged from the list....
Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden