[Lazarus] Please stop the IDE regressions!

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Thu Feb 25 04:19:15 CET 2016

On 25.02.2016 2:27, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Editor Toolbar is loosing functionality again (just like Procedure
> List did)! I had toolbar shortcuts for debug windows (eg: watches, call
> stack etc). Now with Lazarus v1.6 and later you can't add those to the
> Editor Toolbar. Why???

There were a lot of buttons/commands registered that did nothing. I
rewrote the toolbar/coolbar code and kept only IDE and editor commands
in the EditorToolbar. Because commands from other windows are dependent
on them and should be listed in configurable toolbars in their windows.
See http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=27722

It's OK if you disagree with me. In this case please tell exactly what
commands you are missing. I still think that it will be better if every
window has its own configurable toolbar with its tool buttons. So the
watches commands will be available in the watches dialog only.

> The new configurable Coolbar (toolbars) are useless in the same sense.
> None of the "View -> Debugger Windows" menu items can be added to any
> toolbars in the IDE.

Well, these can easily be added. I remember telling on the issue tracker
after I made this change to check whether all needed commands are
listed. I got no answer :)

Ondrej