[Lazarus] Project Groups error - "Invalid floating point operation"

Jesus Reyes A. jesusrmx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:39:28 CET 2016

En Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:28:47 -0600, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> escribió:

> On 2016-02-25 15:13, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> Yes. There seems to be a bug in the IDE menu merging code. It happens
>> only with some combinations of installed packages.
>
> Thanks. Reading old messages from Michael van Canneyt I tried what he
> suggested, but uninstalling the DataDict packages, but that meant I get
> an "Exception" error at start. So a slight change.  I then, as a test,
> backed up my ~/.lazarus/ profile directory and started a completely new
> one. With the last executable giving me the "Exception" message, using a
> brand new profile, the IDE started up without problems.
>
> So it seems like configuration settings could also play a roll in this
> issue.
>
> I'll step by step add my custom configuration settings back in and see
> what happens.
>
> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

The combination of packages that triggers this problem is
lazdatadict+lazprojectgroups,
the problem appears only when the most recent project groups list is empty
(this is when the MRPG submenu is hidden). The problem is an inconsistency
on the counts of menu items between some internal list and the physical
"project" menu items.

The issue has already a report:

For myself I fixed the problem here but it has a side effect that prevents
me committing the patch, the main menu appears inverted: Help, Windows,
Tools, etc... Search, Edit, Files.  :)

Jesus Reyes A.