[Lazarus] Lazarus compile project via ssh?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:15:01 CET 2016

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 17:46:36 -0500, Donald Ziesig <donald at ziesig.org>
wrote:

>The nice thing is that I only need one keyboard, display and mouse.  The
>only bad thing is that I haven't figured out how to share the
>clipboard.  (VNC says it can sync clipboards but it doesn't work for me.)

I ran into the problem of shared clipboards on my RPi2 with Raspbian
Jessie too. After some investigation it turned out that the culprit
was the Lazarus IDE itself!
What happened was that when I coipy text inside Lazarus it does not
reach through VNC to the PC. But the other way is OK!

The workaround I found is to open an Non-Lazarus edit window on the Pi
and after copying text in Lazarus switch to that edit window and paste
it (this will work).
Now go to the place in Windows where the text needs to go and paste
it. This also works! It seems like the Lazarus clipboard is incomplete
inasmuch as it only targets the internal Pi clipboard but as soon as
one pastes inside another editor application on the pi it rectifies
itself and the text is now available also in Windows via VNC.

I have reported this here before but got no real solution to it.

If I use any other Raspbian application to copy text it is immediately
available via VNC in Windows, it is just the Lazarus code editor that
is broken. Even copying properties from the component property editor
in Lazarus works fine, just not the thing one REALLY wants to work
i.e. the copy from the code editor does not work through VNC.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden