[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.6 RC1 startup WinControl.WMSize loop error on win 8.1 if maximised and Taskbar Auto Hide enabled

Russ Davies russeld.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 17:46:41 CET 2016

Hi,

On my work Windows 8.1 machine, if the Taskbar is set to Auto-hide, and
Lazarus 1.6 RC1 is maximised and then closed, on restarting Lazarus a
large number of WinControl.WMSize loop errors are raised.

If OK is clicked for all of the dialogs, Lazarus eventually starts,
albeit slightly larger than the monitor size.

If Lazarus is closed when sized differently (smaller or slightly bigger)
than the monitor, this issue doesn't occur. Likewise if the Windows
taskbar Auto-hide is disabled, Lazarus starts normally even if maximised.

Lazarus 1.4.4 and 1.5 (don't know revision) don't exhibit this problem.
I have tested it on a virtual XP machine with the same monitor, a
physical XP machine with a different monitor and a Windows 7 laptop with
no problems

Thanks

Russell