[Lazarus] Code Tools Feature request

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jan 15 10:59:21 CET 2016

Hi,

When I want to get information on an identifier, sometimes the 'jump to declaration'
or the tooltip with declaration info do not appear, because the source code
contains errors.

Example source code:

Function TMyClass.SomeMethod(AnArgument: String) ;

begin

end;

procedure TMyClass.DoSomethingElse(AnArgument : String; Options : TMyoptions);

if I hover over TMyOptions, then I get nothing. If I want to ctrl-click it,
it doesn't appear as a hyperlink (as it would if all was OK).

The reason is of course that the function declaration right before it is wrong.
(it misses the return type). That's OK.

But what I would like to see is WHY I'm not getting any info...
Presumably this is the error the code tools produce when looking for the info ?

Is it doable for the messages window to show this reason ?

Michael.