[Lazarus] How to install LNet package in Lazarus 1.6RC2?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:29:14 CET 2016

Want to install LNet into the Lazarus component palette in order to
create a GUI program with TCPIP socket communications. I have already
installed the lnet package in FPC 3.0.0 using the fppkg command line
function. Then I could use lnet in a console program.

Now I need the visual components for lnet in Lazarus 1.6RC2, but I
could not find how to install them.
I have only found this on the Internet:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/lNet#Installation
and its description does not work...

1) I have extracted the lnet-0.6.5.zip file into <lazarus>components.
Contrary to directions there was no lnet-<version> dir created, just a
lnet dir without any version number.

2) Next I am supposed to open the lnetvisual.lpk package file in
Lazarus "Component/Open", but there is no such "Component" menu
command in my Lazarus!
The closest I get is "Package/Open package file", so I tried that.

3) Next step is "Click on Install", but there exists no such button or
function!

Since already at the first step the instruction was incorrect I might
have wandered totally off track here.

Please supply a correct instruction to install lnet components in
Lazarus 1.6RC2 (maybe not possible?)
(And update the wiki page above.)

--
Bo Berglund