[Lazarus] Raspberry PI, minor glitch.

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Sat Jan 23 21:06:17 CET 2016

Hi Anthony (and everyone else):

I ran into a minor glitch (I saw this before, but it went away with your
latest fix).  I don't know exactly why it went from working to not
working, but I found out what it was doing wrong.

Lazarus was working fine through multiple re-boots, running as root and
debugging code using h2wiringPi.  The entire system hung when I went to
do something on the Main Menu (the Raspbian one) so I had to power down
(pull the plug) and reboot.  When it came back this time, I started
Lazarus and it complained about not being able to access *ppcarm*
because it couldn't find *system.ppu* and please check*fpc.cfg*.  When
this happened before, I found *system.ppu* where it belonged and
*fpc.cfg* hadn't changed either).  After a bit of debugging (hacking,
really), I found that it had changed to using*fpc-2.6.4*.  I don't know
why but *which ppcarm* showed */usr/bin/ppcarm* which was linked to
*2.6.4* (as was*/usr/bin/fpc*).  I changed the links to point to
*/home/<mydir>/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/ppcarm* and Lazarus
started working correctly again.

I had uninstalled *2.6.4* using *apt-get remove,* but that doesn't seem
to have finished the job (manual *rm -rf* killed it for good).

I don't know what caused it to change to */usr/bin/fpc* and
*/usr/bin/ppcarm*, but now that they are linked to the Development
version (and *2.6.4 *is totally gone) everything is working again.

Don Ziesig