[Lazarus] Zero-byte lpi files

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Sat Jan 23 22:07:28 CET 2016

For some time now, I've been experiencing the problem that Lazarus
sporadically writes 0-byte lpi files. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce
this to give detailed instructions for a bug report.

I open an existing project, modify something, save, compile, modify
again etc. Then I close Lazarus. When I come back some time later and
try to re-open the same project, the IDE complains that "the file ...
does not look like a lpi file". In the Windows explorer, the project's
lpi file has a length of zero bytes. Fortunately, the backup file is
still there which I can rename back to lpi to restore the project. But
this is really annoying. Sometimes it also happens with new projects
after the first save - and then there is no backup file yet...

Yesterday I had the case that almost every second save destroyed the
lpi, today it's better.
I am using Laz trunk/fpc 3.0 on Win7.

Has anybody else seen this issue? Or is there anything which I do wrong?