[Lazarus] List of available defines

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:43:30 CET 2016

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz> wrote:
> is there some wiki or other place with list of available defines (for
> trunk)?

No. I have a plan to make a feature to search all such defines in
project sources, maybe added to Project options, Custom options page,
Defines ... window. I have other plans, too, and this one has only low
priority. Anybody can steal my idea of course. (_Hint_)

> Currently, I have:
> Debug
> Verbose

I don't think those are used anywhere. There were provided as examples
in earlier Lazarus versions for the build defines GUI.

> WithSynMarkupIfDef
> EnableCodeCompleteTemplates
> EnableComponentPaletteOptions
> WithSynMultiCaret
> UseOIThemedCheckbox

Your list is a little outdated. The last one was replaced with
"UseOINormalCheckBox".

> but I guess some are obsolete and maybe there are some new, which I should try.

Uhhh, there are plenty!
I would like to mention one : "DisableWrapperFunctions". I recommend
using it because the string function wrappers will be removed some
time later.

For other defines, if you Find in Files from Lazarus sources for
"{$ifdef verbose" you get 3415 matches. That is only for defines
starting with "verbose"!
Searching for a regular expression "\{\$ifn?def" gives almost 15000
matches. Browse them and you get all the defines in use.

Juha