[Lazarus] Do we really need a PaintSwastika procedure?

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 21:06:17 CET 2016

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are many versions of the religious swastika symbol, but is only one
> version of the swastika is draw with the squared capped leaves and a stroke
> width exactly equal to 1/5th of the linear diameter. Guess which one the
> lcl function draws?

r51217 introduced LineWidth parameter (which should probably be renamed to
LeafWidth) that allows to specify a different than default 1/5th diameter.

That also brings the memory of my childhood. Unfortunately I was about 2-3
years old that the event the occurred, so I could not be a witness myself,
but...
But a couple of older kids (4-6 years) were left at home for a short period
of time (less than an hour or so). However, after a few minutes of playing,
they got really scared that the nazis might come in. Being terrified of
being captured they took all black markers, pens and pencils they could
find at home and started drawing swastikas all over the house. (I cannot
confirm if they were the right 1/5th proportion). But in a few minutes all
walls in were covered in swastikas.

Despite their hopes and worries, instead of Nazis, parents appeared! They
were really mad about what has happened and caused kids to do some labor
and cleaning up the mess.

thanks,
Dmitry