[Lazarus] Do we really need a PaintSwastika procedure?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 23:23:33 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Europe has long  a history of anti semitism, something which most reasonable
> people recognize. Perhaps this is the cultural difference you're touching
> upon.

Ok, maybe the sentiments around those issues are still so strong that
it is hard for me understand. Antisemitism has not been a problem
here, we had other problems instead.
It means the symbol will be tainted for some time to come, probably as
long as I live, and I must adjust myself to that. :(

It is said that globalization removes cultural differences.
Fortunately not completely, in India they paint swastikas on clothes
and cars as a sign of blessing, road safety and good luck, and they
don't know of the negative meanings of that symbol.

Juha