[Lazarus] Do we really need a PaintSwastika procedure?

Zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Jan 8 11:19:09 CET 2016

On 01/08/2016 10:48 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Juha Manninen wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Terry A. Haimann <terry at haimann.us>
>> wrote:
>>> As someone of Jewish heritage I say get rid of it.
>>
>> Mattias actually removed the function, obeying like a good German boy
>> when somebody with "Jewish heritage" tells him. Uhhh, I can't believe
>> he did so!
>
> I read what he said as meaning that he had removed it before Terry
> objected. English tenses can be vague, but let's give them the benefit
> of the doubt just this once.
>
> As somebody who (I believe) lost family, rather than just claiming a
> certain heritage, could we please drop this.

I completely disagree with removing paintswastika procedure.
I've lost big part of my family during ww2, they were killed by italian
faschists and german nazis, also some of them were killed by comunists
after WW2, also some of them are missing and nobody knows where their
bones are.
All I can say that I fully agree with Juha. IMO, we went in completely
wrong direction with this theme.
Shall we remove PaintStar() because comunism kill many ppl around world
(and some members of my family too), PaintCross() because christians
killed many natives in south america, forbid painting of French flag
because of Napoleon ? Shall we ask hollywood producers to stop making
movies/documentaries which shows german nazi flag ? Shall we ask video
games makers to stop produce games which shows nazi symbols (eg.
wolfenstein) ? C'mon ppl what drugs do you use ?
Again, this is completely wrong. We are not political or religion
organization, we are talking about paint procedure which paints symbol.

zeljko