[Lazarus] Cannot find unit lNet when building project

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:21:49 CET 2016

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:53:13 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>Please read the wiki page about fppkg I gave.

Did so but I was confused about the statements there regarding the
extra line to add to /etc/fpc.conf
Not clear enough in my view regarding the *exact* looks of the line.

But I looked through my fpc.conf file and found this, which looks
similar to the wiki page:

# searchpath for fppkg user-specific packages
-Fu~/.fppkg/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$FPCTARGET/*

Note that it says $FPCTARGET at the end rather than $fpctarget (case
not sensitive here?)

In any case I did not edit the conf file but instead launched
fppkg install lnet

and after a minute or so I got this:

Lazarus directory '/home/pi/.fppkg/build/lnet/' does not contain a
valid Lazarus installation. Lazarus-package registration skipped.
Installation package lnet for target arm-linux succeeded

What does it mean that registration skipped?

In any case my test program does build now using both Lazarus RC1 and
RC2.

Thanks for your help!

Trying to create a clean environment for my embedded RPi2 development,
my last installation is wrecked by too many experiments with fpc and
lazarus versions from svn and other things...
This one only contains the seed fpc 2.6.4, release fpc 3.0.0 and
lazarus RC1 and now RC2.

Real soon I will be able to get back to working on the real project.
:)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden