[Lazarus] New menu designer

Howard hdpc at talktalk.net
Fri Jan 15 23:19:12 CET 2016

On 14/01/2016 23:27, Maxim Ganetsky wrote:
> String "composing" is still present e. g. in "Insert from template"
> dialog ("Choose template to ..." groupbox caption) and in main menu
> creation form in "add menu item" fields captions.
>
> Also lismenueditororclickheadertosortbythatcolumn string looks
> suspicious from this POV.
>
> As for lismenueditormoveseparatedeleteinsertitems: you shouldn't try
> to align text with buttons this way. It won't work with other than
> Windows' fonts/font sizes (e.g. on Linux) and other languages. Better
> change this string to regular caption like "Menu Item actions".
>
> Also I noticed that e. g. "Insert from template" dialog is not
> resizable. It is better to have resizable dialogs in order to fit
> longer translation captions (e. g. combobox caption in this case).

I have submitted a patch (29411) which I hope addresses these issues,
except for the issue:
'String "composing" is still present ... in main menu creation form in
"add menu item" fields captions'

I am not clear about which string(s) you are identifying here. Can you
give a specific line number in the source that exemplifies the problem
you see?

Howard