[Lazarus] Building GUI program for RPi1 on RPi2?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Sat Jan 16 12:14:05 CET 2016

You will need to create code for armv6, Pi2B is armv7

The easiest way is most propably to install freepascal on the old RPi1B
and to compile the code there. Either use apt-get or search for a fpc
3.0 version that is compiled for this device.

Another alternative could be to build another version of freepascal on
your raspi2 that supports armv6.

make all OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF -CpARMV6 -OpARMV6"

You'd have to look up one of the numerous tutorials on building fpc 3.0
on Raspbery Pi if this build does not work out of the box.

Michael