[Lazarus] New menu designer

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sat Jan 16 17:39:59 CET 2016

On 16.01.2016 16:55, taazz wrote:
>> Actually we are f...ing with Lazarus trunk, not with your system.
>> If you want a stable Lazarus, you should use the fixes_1_6 branch
>> instead.
>> It is starting to look very good!
>>

> Using fsstayontop you are f.......ing with my system! never mind I'll
> extend the old designer as a package to do what I want and disable the
> build in one.

:D

Me and you were wrong. fsStayOnTop in Lazarus is different from
fsStayOnTop in Delphi. See:
http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/controls/tformstyle.html

Yes, there were bugs in fsStayOnTop (accross different WS) in Lazarus
that made me (and probably also you) think that fsStayOnTop is
system-wide - because it appeared so. But it isn't. And most of the bugs
have been already solved, so you can use fsStayOnTop also pretty safely
(PopupParent has also its bugs, so it is now about 50:50 depending what
you want).

Nevertheless, the new designer DOES NOT use fsStayOnTop any more. You
could easily check it by yourself if you had taken the time.

Please stop crying that "we are f.......ing with your system!" We are
not. And if you don't like something, you can easily suggest changes and
send patches.

Ondrej