[Lazarus] Building GUI program for RPi1 on RPi2?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:35:05 CET 2016

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 12:17:59 -0800, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
<m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So I have installed the seed fpc compiler 2.6.4 on the Pi1B now and am
>> checking out the sources for Lazarus 1.4.4 now.
>>
>> Will build lazarus 1.4.4 using the seed compiler and then build the
>> program itself. It is just one form with an edit area to write text.
>> Hopefully this will work without fpc 3.0.0
>>
>> (Provided I can build Lazarus 1.4.4 of course, since I don't know how
>> to build a GUI application using just fpc.)
>
>In your compilation directory , in fpc.cfg , include all necessary LCL unit
>and related include directories .
>If you compile  a  *.lpr with fpc , it will produce a GUI  program .

Thanks for your suggestion.
Meanwhile I have tried to build Lazarus 1.4.4 using the seed compiler
2.6.4 but it always quits with a link error.
I also tried to repeat the method I used on the RPi2 to compile fpc
3.0.0 but the same thing happens after about 7 minutes.

So I would like to compile my program without lazarus as you suggest
can be done.

But you say that I should edit the fpc.conf file in the compilation
directory, I assume you mean my project directory, right?

The problem is that there is no such file in my project dir on the
RPi2 and I also do not know what to put into the file if I create one
from scratch...

Could you give an example on how such a file would look?
This is probably my last chance of getting this done.....

(I have never compiled anything manually from the command line)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden