[Lazarus] Raspberry Pi bundles now available

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:38:51 CET 2016

Second posting of this, first one seems to have disappeared...

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 22:18:09 -0500, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Another, possibly more useful bundle I've created is Free Pascal 3.0 with
>Lazarus for the Raspberry Pi. I've taken great care to reduce the install
>size of both fpc and Lazarus with this bundle for the Pi.
>

>If you're interested in trying this version of Free Pascal 3.0 with
>Lazarus, here is where you can get it:
>
>http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/?download#raspberry_pi
>
>If you have a Pi, just follow the instructions in the setup script. You can
>choose your install folder and have the option to creaate a application
>shortcut you can pin to the Pi menu,

Hi,
I need a working lazarus on a RPi1B 256MB in order to compile a simple
program that I have converted from Delphi7 on an RPi2B. On the RPi2B
it works just fine but if I transfer it to the RPi1B it causes an
exception on start. I guess it is because some hardware option has
been compiled into it on the RPi2B. So I need to compile on the actual
hardware...

I downloaded your script using wget, it was a bit hard because it
resulted in a strange looking file name. Solved now anyway.

When I ran the script it complained about missing packages and
suggested a sudo command to run in order to get it installed. So I
executed that and after a while could restart your script and it went
a long way, downloading 62MB in about 15 minutes and then started to
run a lot of lines across the screen.
But in the end this resulted in:
[quote]
lazarus/components/cairocanvas/Makefile.compiled
lazarus/fpmake_add.inc
lazarus/lazbuild
An unhandled exception occurred at $00013870:
EAccessViolation: Access violation
  $00013870

cp: cannot stat
‘/home/pi/Development/FreePascal/lazarus/lazarus.desktop’: No such
file or directory
mv: cannot stat
‘/home/pi/Development/FreePascal/lazarus/lazarus.desktop’: No such
file or directory

Your Free Pascal 3.0 with Lazarus is now installed
[/quote]

I do not think it is successfully installed...
The lazarus desktop file seems not to have been created.

So instead I used a terminal and moved to the lazarus directory where
I tried to run startlazarus directly, but the result was an exception:
EAccesviolation $0002F070

What has happened and what can I do to repair?

Or maybe your script does not work on an RPi1B with as little RAM as
256MB?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden