[Lazarus] Can I build a Lazarus GUI program only with fpc installed?

Mon Jan 18 01:28:02 CET 2016

On 2016-01-17 08:09, Bo Berglund wrote:
> If I install only fpc is it then possible to build a GUI program from
> sources without also installing Lazarus (on Linux target)?

Of course it is - as long as you have all the dependencies installed
too, and if you application is LCL based, you obviously need the LCL
sources too.

I have done that before on a Linux build server, and recently I have
used MSEide to manage and build LCL based applications (all without
lazbuild or a Lazarus IDE executable around).

The list of source paths (for building LCL) was large, but very doable.
MSEide made this a bit easier with its support for path macros and quick
setup of unit and include path setup. But if you are going to use purely
FPC from the command line, I would create a config (text) file that
holds all the compiler parameters - one parameter per line, then compile
your project as follows:

   fpc @extrafpc.cfg myproject.lpr

Another option would be to use FPC's fpmake.pp functionality. I don't
know if Lazarus includes such a file already. Otherwise take a look at
fpGUI's sources (<fpgui>/src/fpmake.pp) for a working example.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/