[Lazarus] Opening non existing files and (not) adding them to the project

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 18 08:06:30 CET 2016

Am 17.01.2016 20:36 schrieb "ListMember" <listmember at letterboxes.org>:

> On 2016-01-17 16:30, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> when I opened a non-existing file and I confirmed that I want to have it
created the file was not added to project or the project's mainfile.

> But, isn't this how Delphi has been doing it all these years.
>
> 1) When you create a new unit, it automatically gets added to the project.
>
> 2) When you decide to save the project, you're asked whether you want to
save the newly added (not saved yet) units. If not, it is removed from the
project and you lose its contents.

> 3) If you want to exclude the newly created unit, you remove it from the
project. In that case, IDE asks you whether you wish to save that file (or
lose it).

> Do you still/really want a 'non-standard' behavior?

I don't care what Delphi does. I care about what Lazarus has done for years
and what I have relied upon. For me this *is* standard behavior.

Regards,
Sven