[Lazarus] Web vs desktop development

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Mon Jan 18 11:22:26 CET 2016

On 2016-01-15 19:01, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com
> <mailto:sysrpl at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     For businesses web development is probably a better fit for their
>     software needs.
>
>     For people who are computer enthusiasts that use their computers
>     to process tasks or solve problems, desktop development is
>     probably better.
>
>     What are your opinions on the subject title ?
>

> I think you're missing security considerations as well.
>
> When a desktop application is compromised, it's likely that only a
> particular user would a victim.
> For web-applications, all users might be compromised as well.

Thats only one side. On desktop when one application is compomised, all
others may be also. And much of attacs are done throught acrobat  and
others plugin or semi desktop application.

Many of client-server (desktop) application have poorer sercurity than
web application. VPN only protect link machine-machine , but https
protect application-application
And last but not least: on web much less data ar drawn from serwer,and
the same when stolen local computer is not equal data stolen

--
Darek