[Lazarus] Is porting Delphi program using AsyncPro to fpc/laz possible?

Thu Jan 21 11:13:23 CET 2016

On 2016-01-21 09:42, Bo Berglund wrote:
> I started testing LNet a few months ago but did not get so far then
> and had to drop it for other tasks.

I can also recommend Indy 10 (source code direct from their SVN
repository). Indy 10 works very well these days with FPC 2.6.4 and FPC
3.0 - personally tested under Linux, Windows and FreeBSD. I'm told from
Remy that OSX is also supported (but I haven't personally tested that yet).

Just yesterday I submitted a patch that fixes the indylaz.lpk package -
just some minor unit paths were wrong, and then it installed into
Lazarus IDE without error. That should hopefully be committed soon. But
I normally use Indy without the use of Lazarus Packages.

Work is also being done to bring the Indy Unit Test suite up to date, so
that should make it much easier to verify functionality with different
compilers and platforms.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/