[Lazarus] How to install LNet package in Lazarus 1.6RC2?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 20:02:30 CET 2016

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:22:51 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>Question:
>Is there supposed to be some indication towards the user that
>something is going on when a package is being compiled or installed?
>If not then I suggest that it is added to Lazarus.
>
>If there is a message then I certainly saw nothing, so could it be
>platform dependent (Raspberry Pi2/Raspbian Jessie in my case) or
>display dependent (tightvnc server on RPi2 and VNC client on Win7
>laptop)?

Found the problem:
The output goes to the Messages pane, which was hidden by a form
belonging to the currently loaded project. So I did not see a thing.
I started to suspect this but when I tried to minimize or close the
form it did not work (maybe because Lazarus was busy). I managed to
move it though and saw the Messages pane with the activity.
Nice if the loaded project would have been closed or hidden while
installing the package...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden