[Lazarus] Unexpected error from intfgraphics.pas when running GPIO test program

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 12:50:17 CET 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 12:26:03 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>gpiotest
>Bitmap with unknown compression (21060)
>Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption
>Press Cancel to kill the program
>  [Cancel]   [OK]
>
>Why does this happen and is there a solution?

Found the problem!
There is an <projectname>.ico file created when the project builds and
this file was corrupted.
I found an old backup on my laptop and that file displayed an image
icon (Lazarus) in Windows Explorer while the non-working file did not.
They differed about 1 KB i size too (both were unimaginably large, 134
KB for an icon!).

When I copied the backup file on top of the faulty one Lazarus was
satisfied. But I tried first to just delete it in the RPi2 project
dir, it still had the same problem. Only replacing it with a good file
solved the problem.

How such an erroneous file can cause the observed results it hard for
me to understand, especially why the actual culprit is not mentioned.

But now my GPIO test program runs fine (as user pi) and I can pull and
release the attached relays.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden