[Lazarus] Conditional Breakpoints - again

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Jul 7 16:03:24 CEST 2016

On 07/07/2016 12:27, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just over a year ago I asked about Conditional Breakpoints and using an
> expression. The result was it was broken, unnoticed by other developers
> and eventually a [work-around] fix applied.
iirc it works for certain datatypes only. And while it was improved,
that is still true.

> Now I'm revisiting Conditional Breakpoints, but this time referring to
> the HintCount property. Is that implemented at all? See attached
> screenshot and items (1) and (2). From my testing it seems it isn't
> working at all. The breakpoint is always triggered on every iteration.
It works for me.
But it seems that the hit counter starts at 0 when the debug process is
started, and then is not reset. (well delete, the breakpoint should
reset it)

So If you have hit the breakpoint before setting the hitcount, those
hits do count.
And once you reached the count, it will stop each time (so it is a >=
condition)

This obviously could be improved by showing the current count, and have
a reset button. Or change the value into a count down, (but then it is
show initial and current value, and reset to initial)