[Lazarus] GTK 3.0

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:52:21 CEST 2016

> People will stick on GTK2. And maybe after a some years in GTK3.
> People doesn't want to re-write their application. I don't think Gimp
> will be re-written for GTK3, and if it's re-written for GTK3 someday, it
> won't be re-written for GTK4 and latter for GTK5.

Yeah, personally i do not see a reason to move off GTK+ 2. If anything, in
my system GTK+ 2 programs look and behave better than GTK+ 3 programs
(which also tend to have a ton of visual glitches with broken themes). I
just hope that someone will fork GTK+ 2 to introduce new features for
working with the desktop environments and window systems (e.g. Wayland,
HiDPI, etc).