[Lazarus] Again an UTF8 mess!

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 19:26:42 CEST 2016

On Sunday, July 17, 2016, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it>
wrote:

> This was exactly my point. Developers often fail to realize that users
> very often must simply maintain old code. Anything requiring to modify the
> source code implies extra work and extra possibility of errors.

Please explain me how updating the uses sections with correct unit names
can cause extra errors.
You should also realize that the new UTF-8 system breaks some code, thus
you should go through your code in any case when updating to Lazarus 1.6+.
When maintaining old codebase it makes sense to stick with the old
Lazarus version. However if you anticipate any substantial changes then I
recommend updating Lazarus because of all its improvements.

Juha