[Lazarus] Target Survey

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jul 20 12:54:12 CEST 2016

On 07/20/2016 12:34 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> That is exactly what I was about to say. And as you rightly pointed out,
> an HTML interface can work on every type of device out there - PC,
> mobile phone etc.

AFAIK there is no LCL "widget type" that supports this. IOW, no
Lazarus-built-in GUI Builder, hence no RAD-Design for the software creator.

The QNAP device I have at home has a Java-Script-toolkit enabled remote
HTML/HTTP GUI that looks very similar to a GUI created by LCL. It is
really nice and fast.

Allowing for same simply by switching the LCL Widget-Type from the local
standard to "remote HTML" would be the perfect (maybe unreachable)
solution for poring a "normal" LCL application to be a "smart internet"
application.

-Michael