[Lazarus] Compile conditionals from Delphi do not work in Laz 1.6...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:05:27 CEST 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 17:24:00 -0400, Dmitry Boyarintsev
<skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Second question:
>> ----------------
>> I use a TFolderDialog component in the program to select a target
>> directory. Apparently this component is not native Delphi (although I
>> have used it for years) and so Lazarus barfs at it...
>> Is there a native Lazarus/Fpc dialog that can be used to let the user
>> select a directory? Note: no file, just the directory.
>>

>It's called TSelectDirectoryDialog in Lazarus.
>However, if property names are different you still have to modify the code.

OK, found it.
I had to close Lazarus and then hand edit the lfm and pas files
because Lazarus would not let me fix it within...

Cannot check if it will work the same yet because of the conditional
errors checking the Delphi version.
But it seems like it does not have a property for the directory name,
maybe I can use the FileName property instead?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden