[Lazarus] Transfer between RS232 and TCP/IP

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 18:34:11 CEST 2016

I have an application which talks to a data collection system via
serial comm (RS232).

Now the instrumentation has switched to WiFi instead and I need to
somehow make a "go-between" program that can channel data between a
TCP port on the WiFi network and a regular serial port (on Windows)
which the existing application can use.

The data into and out of the TCP port is exactly the same as the data
previously trasnferred via RS232, in fact behind the scenes on the
instrument there is still the serial channel but it s now hooked to
WiFi.

Is there something in Lazarus/Fpc I can use to create such a glue
program?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden